Tours in Mexico City
Hotel Posada Viena offers a variety of tours, meet Mexico is a passion.
The city is thought to have been established around 100 BC and continued to be built until about AD 250. The city may have lasted until sometime between the 7th and 8th centuries AD. At its zenith, perhaps in the first half of the 1st millennium AD, Teotihuacan was the largest city in the pre-Columbian Americas, with a population of perhaps 125,000 or more, placing it among the largest cities of the world in this period. Teotihuacan began as a new religious center in the Mexican Highland around the first century AD. This city came to be the largest and most populated center in the New World. Teotihuacan was even home to multi-floor apartment compounds built to accommodate this large population. The civilization and cultural complex associated with the site is also referred to as Teotihuacan or Teotihuacano.
Although it is a subject of debate whether Teotihuacan was the center of a state empire, its influence throughout Mesoamerica is well documented; evidence of Teotihuacano presence can be seen at numerous sites in Veracruz and the Maya region. The Aztecs may have been influenced by this city. The ethnicity of the inhabitants of Teotihuacan is also a subject of debate. Possible candidates are the Nahua, Otomi or Totonac ethnic groups. Scholars have also suggested that Teotihuacan was a multiethnic state.
The city and the archaeological site are located in what is now the San Juan Teotihuacán municipality in the State of México, approximately 40 kilometres (25 mi) northeast of Mexico City. The site covers a total surface area of 83 square kilometres (32 sq mi) and was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987. It is the most visited archaeological site in Mexico.
PYRAMIDS OF THE TEOTIHUACAN AND SHRINE OF GUADALUPE
Duration: 6 hours. Departures: 09:00 hrs, and 14:30 hrs. Itinerary: Get into the magic of the Archeology zone of Teotihuacan, visiting the marvelous Pyramids of the Sun and the Moon, make a walk among buildings, deities and temples like The Quetzalcoatl, and The Butterflies, visit to one of handcrafts center. Depart to the Shrine of Guadalupe a tribute of faith of the Mexican people to the Brown Virgin.
Other daily tours
MEXICO CITY TOUR
Palacio de Bellas Artes - México D.F.
Duration: 4 hours, 30 minutes Departure: 09:30 hrs. Itinerary: You will be guided to the Zocalo, main Square of the City, visiting The National Palace, admiring The Murals of Diego Rivera, the Metropolitan Cathedral. Later on we'll make a tour to the Historical Center till we arrive in a handcrafts center. We'll continue by The Paseo de la Reforma through the residential zone, ending with the visit to the Aztec hall of the Anthropology Museum *, back to the hotel. *Closed on Mondays, we'll visit The Plaza of Three Cultures.
Duration: 10 hours 30 minutes Departures: 09:30 hrs. Itinerary: Make the same day, THE VISIT OF THE CITY IN THE MORNING, with a walk in the afternoon to the PIRAMIDS OF TEOTIHUACAN and the Shrine OF GUADALUPE, between both tours you will get time for lunch.
Templo de Santa Prisca - Taxco
Cuernavaca and Taxco Two days. Duration: 2 days, 1 night Departures: 09:30 hrs. Make your stay in Taxco longer, and let the romance of "The Cordillera" envelope you. Stay one night, with breakfast included in the second day. Back to Mexico at 21 hrs.
Cuernavaca, Taxco and Acapulco Duration: 9:30 hrs. Departures: 4 days / 3 nights. Itinerary: 1st Day: Depart to Cuernavaca, visiting its Cathedral and the Brady Museum, continuing to Taxco, with a visit to this picturesque Town. 2nd Day: Breakfast included. Departure to the famous bathing resort of Acapulco, one of the most important tourist complex in the world. Transport to your selected hotel, free afternoon to enjoy its beaches. 3rd Day: 11:00 a.m. Today we will include a boat trip by the bay (Transport to the Pier not included). Free afternoon. 4th Day: Free Time. Time limit to check out the Hotel 13:00 hrs. Back to Mexico by bus of regular line (Lexury service) transfers in Acapulco and Mexico are included.
CUERNAVACA, TAXCO Y ACAPULCO
Cuernavaca, Taxco and Acapulco Departure: 09:30 hrs. Duration: 2 Days and I night. 1st Day: Departure to Cuernavaca visiting the Cathedral and the Brady Museum. The same day we will arrive to Taxco and make a city tour around the city. 2nd Day: Breakfast included, and after this we will continue our tour to Acapulco Bay leaving you there in the selected hotel you have already selected.
MEXICO BY NIGHT
Ángel de la Independencia - México D.F.
Daily except Sundays Duration: 5 hours. Departure: 19:30 hours. The best tour of the City by night, enjoy a dinner at the Restaurant Bellini (45th floor, World Trade Center) with a National Drink then we're going to the Night Club, located at Plaza Garibaldi, to enjoy a Mexican show with a national drink.
Daily except Sundays Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes Departure: 19:30 hrs. Itinerary: Enjoy an excellent dinner at the Restaurant Bellini. With the best view of the City, accomplished with a national drink, back to the hotel.
GARIBLADI BY NIGHT
Daily except Sundays Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes. Departure: 19:30 hrs Itinerary: Enjoy the typical atmosphere of Garibaldi, admiring its Mexican show, at the night Club, with a national drink.
CHULULA AND PUEBLA
Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de los Remedios - Cholula
Tuesday/ Thursday/ Saturdays Duration: 11 hours. Departure: 09:30 hrs. Itinerary: Depart to Santa Maria Tonanzintla visiting its Chapel ornamented with polychrome plasterwork. We will continue to Cholula, archeology zone, where you will get into the biggest pyramidal besetment of the world. We will continue to Puebla considered "Cultural world treasure" Here you will get time for lunch on your own. Then you will visit the cathedral, its main square, the glorious rosary Chapel in the Church of Santo Domingo and the Religious Museum of the ExConvent of Santa Monica. Back to Mexico at 20:00 hrs.
TULA AND TEPOTZOTLAN
Tuesday and Wednesday Duration: 7 hours. Departure: 10:00 hrs. Visit to the Archeology zone of Tula , city of "Quetzalcoatl", admiring its columns carved in basaltic rock known "Los Atlantes" and its ball court. Continuing to Tepotzotlan tom visit the Ex College, today see of the National Museum of Viceroyship that lodges the best samples of colonial art and its incredible altars carved in wood, covered with a foil of 24 k. Gold. You will get time for lunch between both visits.
CACAXTLA AND TLAXCALA
Wednesday and Friday Duration: 10 hrs. Minimum: 2 persons. Departure: 09:30 hrs. Depart to Cacaxtla, archeology zone that lodges the best frescoes from the prehispanic period. We'll continue to Tlaxcala for a visit to the Monastery of San Francisco (1537/1540), one of the first Catholic Buildings of the Conquest, we'll visit the Palace of Government, of Justice and the Plaza de Armas. Time for lunch (not included). Then we'll continue to the Shrine of Ocotlan (S.XVIII) with its Churrigueresque facade and the Virgin's Chamber. Back to Mexico City.
XOCHIMILCO AND UNIVERSITY CITY
Trajineras en Xochimilco - México D.F.
Wednesday, Friday and Sundays. Duration: 4 hours, 30 minutes. Departure: 09:30 hrs. Enjoy the most typical Sunday promenade, making a tour by the Plaza de la Cibeles, the Cultural Poliforum of Siqueiros, the Bullfight of Mexico, the Insurgentes Theatre till we arrive to the University City, have a look at its exteriors, the Olympic '68 Stadium. The Library decorates with colorful stone mosaics. We'll continue to Xochimilco, to make a promenade through its channels in one of its typical "Trajineras", last reminiscence of the Anahuac.
XOCHI - COMBO
Wednesday, Friday and Sunday Duration: 10 hours 30 minutes. Depart: 09:30 hrs. An excellent combination of our two promenades Xochimilco and Ciudad Universitaria with Pyramids and Basilica of Guadalupe. Between both tours there is going to be time for lunch (not included).
BALLET FOLKLORICO OF MEXICO
Ballet Folklorico de México
It also works on Wednesday Duration: 3 hours. Depart: 09:00 hrs and 20:00 hrs Wednesday. Enjoy the colorful show of Folkloric Ballet of Mexico of Amalia Hernández, that combines music, dance and theatre at the magnificent "Palacio de las Bellas Artes". (The place may, please verify).
BALLET FOLKLORICO - XOCHIMILCO
Duration: 6 hours. Depart: 09:00 hrs. Enjoy the combination of the Folkloric Ballet at the Palacio de Bellas Artes, later on we will visit the exteriors of University City and then, continue to Xochimilco to promenade on a "Trajinera".
Depart: 15:00 hrs. Duration: 3 hours approx. Enjoy the ""Fiesta Brava In the biggest plaza of the world. The Plaza Mexico, with the best bull-fighters of the moment. Seats already reserved in the second shadow row. Transport, guide and tickets are included. Depart from your hotel.
SUPER SUNDAY COMBO
Depart: 09:00 hrs. Duration: 9 hours. The best Sunday combination. The Folkloric Ballet, The University City and Xochimilco ending with a Bullfight. Time for lunch (not included).
FIESTA IN JALISCO
Catedral de Guadalajara - Jalisco
All Sundays Depart: 09:00 hrs. Duration: 6 days, 5 nights.
- 1st Day (Sunday) Depart by the highway crossing the Nationals Parks, Desierto de los Leones, Salazar and La Marquesa, we'll reach the occident highway arriving at noon in Morelia "The City of the Pink Cantera", where you will take your lunch (not included). Later on you will visit the city of Morelia, founded in 1542, that has one of the most beautiful samples of colonial architecture of the XVII and XVIII centuries, the Cathedral, The Clavijero Palace, its monumental aqueduct, continuing to Patzcuaro.
- 2nd Day (Monday) Breakfast included, visit to Patzcuaro old capital of the Purepechas kingdom, you will know the Shrine of our Lady of Healing, the house of "Once Patios", the Gertrudis Bocanegra Library, the Plaza Don Vasco. You will make a trip by boat by the shores of the lake, and Janitzio, an island still inhabited by the Purepechas. Time for lunch (not included). We'll continue to Guadalajara, we'll arrive at nightfall.
- 3rd Day (Tuesday) Breakfast included, visit of Guadalajara (1531), showing a lot of relevant architectonic samples such as The Cathedral (XVI C.) The Government Palace, The Degollado Theatre, The Hospicio Cabañas, a cultural place that lodges The Murals of Jose Clemente Orozco. Free afternoon.
- 4th Day (Wednesday) Breakfast included. Depart to Tlaquepaque, the biggest handcraft center, with a sample of the popular Mexican art that you can buy. Lunch included, with the enjoyable music of the Mariachi, depart to Guanajuato arriving at nightfall.
- 5th Day (Thursday) Breakfast included, visit to the city declared "World Cultural Treasure", with its underground streets, squares and buildings of important interest, such as: The Juarez Theatre, The Shrine of our Lady of Guanajuato, The University, The Hidalgo Market, The Mine and Church of La Valenciana, its museum of Mummies. Free afternoon.
- 6th Day (Friday) Breakfast included. Depart to San Miguel de Allende city, with a particular urban structure in reticular form, where you can see palaces, like The Municipal, The Mayorazgo de la Canal, The Allende Institute of Art and Culture. We'll continue to Queretaro, last Colonial jewel of the tour, to visit the Colonial Center Making a walk, admiring The Corregidora House, The Palaces of the Marchioness de la Villa del Villar del Aguila and the House of the Earl Ecala. Continue to San Juan del Rio, time for lunch (not included), and for your last shopping. Depart to Mexico city arrive at 20:00 hrs. Approx.
PARTY IN BAJIO (Guanajuato 3 days)
Acueducto de Xalpa - Tepotzotlán
Wednesdays Depart: 10:00 hrs. Duration: 3 days, 2 nights. Minimum 2 persons.
- 1st Day.- Visit to the College of Tepotzotlan, see of The National Museum of the viceroyship, you will continue and you will visit the Archeology zone of Tula. Time for lunch (not included), continuation to Guanajuato.
- 2nd Day.- Breakfast included. In the morning visit of Guanajuato, free afternoon, dinner included at the hotel.
- 3rd Day.- Breakfast included. Depart and visit to San Miguel de Allende, Qurétaro and San Juan del Rio, time for lunch (not included) back to Mexico city arriving at 20:00 hrs. Approx. rates per person in U.S.D with lodging.
PUREPECHA PARTY (Patzcuaro 3 days)
Sundays Depart: 09:00 hrs. Minimum : 2 persons.
- 1st Day.- Depart to Morelia, where you will get time for lunch (not included), visit of the city. Then we're going to Patzcuaro.
- 2nd Day.- Breakfast included. Visit to Patzcuaro and Janitzio. Lunch (not included) free afternoon, dinner included at hotel.
- 3rd Day.- Breakfast included. Visit to Santa Clara del Cobre, its museum and its Church. Continuation to the archeology zone of Tzintzuntzan, Prehispanic ceremonial centers with its pyramid semi-circular constructions (Yacatas). Depart to Toluca to have lunch (not included), Later on, we will visit the Botanical Garden (Cosmovitral). Back to Mexico City.
Colonial cities with marvelous archaeological zones
Catedral de la Inmaculada Concepción - Córdoba
Saturdays Departure: 09:00 hrs. Duration: 7 days, 6 nights Minimum: 2 people.
- 1st Day: Saturday.- depart to0 the archeology zone of Cacaxtla admiring its prehispanic frescoes. Time for lunch (not included). Depart to Oaxaca through the new highway that crosses the Sierra Madre del Sur. Before arriving to the city of Oaxaca
- 2nd Day: Sunday.- Breakfast included. Depart to Santa Maria del Tule . Where you will appreciate the majesty of one of the living beings, with more longevity of the world (20 centuries) The Tule Tree. Continuation to Tlacolula de Matamoros to visit its Chapel and Market. Then we are going to the archeology Geometrical forms, and its tombs. Transport to take lunch (not included). Back to Oaxaca visiting its Cathedral (1544-1733). The Government Palace, the University, the Science Academy, The Macedonio Alcala Theatre and The Santo Domingo Convent that lodges The Regional Museum, with its great ethnographical collection, The Church of Santo Domingo, unique in its style in Oaxaca. Back to the hotel.
- 3rd Day: Monday.- Breakfast included. Depart to Monte Alban, archeology zone of a great importance, because of its architecture so as to have been a great religious center. Back to Oaxaca to have lunch (not included). Depart to Puebla "The City of the Angels".
- 4th Day: Tuesday.- Breakfast included. Visit to the Historical Center with its baroque Cathedral, its multicolor main square, The Palafoxiana Library, The House of the Dolls, The Church of Santo Domingo with its jewel, The Rosary Chapel, an impressive sample of decoration made in gold leaf. Free time for lunch (not included), time for shopping, back to hotel..
- 5th Day: Wednesday.- Breakfast included. Depart to the archeology zone of Cantona, "The Lost City", with is singular structures built with no cement, and as it has been recently discovered you will be one of the first visitors (we recomend you to wear comfortable shoes to walk) we'll continue and we'll make a stop for lunch (not included) after that we will depart to the always Puerto de Veracruz. Lodging at your selected hotel. If you wish you will get transport available to the pier.
- 6th Day: Thursday.- Breakfast included. Depart to the south of the mystic region of the Tuxtlas, making stop at the cascade Salto de Eyipantla, we'll continue to the beautiful lagoon of Catemaco, which we will visit by boat admiring its islands of monkeys; The Herons, so as the place called Nanciyaga, watching its vegetation, time for lunch (not included) and transport to San Andres Tuxtla, where we will make stop at its famous fabric of cigars, you will be able to see how they are made. Back to Veracruz.
- 7th Day: Friday.- Breakfast included. At noon we'll depart to Antigua, first dwelling of Cortes in the continent. Depart to Xalapa, capital of the state. Time for lunch (not included) , visit to the Archeology Museum (with more than 3000 pieces of the Olmeca. Totonaca and Huasteca cultures). Depart to Mexico arriving at 20:00 hrs approx.
Monte Albán - Oaxaca
Saturdays Departure: 09:00 hrs. Duration: 7 days y 6 nights Minimum: 2 people
- 1st Day: Saturday: Visit to the Archeology zone of Cacaxtla. Time for lunch (not included) continuation to Oaxaca.
- 2nd Day: Sunday: Breakfast included. Visit in the morning to Santa Maria del Tule. Tlacolula de Matamoros and the Archeology zone of Mitla. Transport to take your lunch (not included), in the afternoon we will visit the city of Oaxaca.
- 3rd Day: Monday: Breakfast included. Visit to the Archeology zone on Monte Alban back to Oaxaca to have lunch (not included) Depart to Puebla.
- 4th Day: Tuesday: Breakfast included. In the morning visit of the Historical Center of the City. Free time for lunch (not included) and time for shopping, At 18:00 hrs., back to Mexico City. Arriving at 20:00 hrs. rates per person in U.S.D with lodging.
Departure: 9:00 hrs. Tiesday Duration: 4 days 3 nights Minimum: 2 people.
- 1st Day: Tuesday. Depart from Mexico and visit to Cholula, and Santa Maria Tonanzintla. Continuing to Puebla. Time for lunch (not included). In the afternoon, visit to the Historical Center.
- 2nd Day: Wednesday. Breakfast included. Depart and visit to the archeology zone of Cantona. We will make a stop for lunch (not included) then we will continue to Veracruz, Lodging are you selected Hotel.
- 3rd Day: Thursday. Breakfast included. Depart to the Tuxtlas, Salto de Eyipantla, and Catemaco Lagoon. Time for lunch (not included) Transport to San Andres Tuxtla, with a visit to the Fabric of Cigars.
- 4th Day: Friday. Breakfast included. Depart to Antigua, continuing to Xalapa, time for lunch (not included). Visit to the Archeological Museum. Back to Mexico arriving at 20:00 hrs.